Good people are hard to find, so why limit your reach to people with industry specific experience? And have you thought about how to better attract women to your business? This week Catherine Dearlove joins Brendan to share her story of coming into a tech role for the first time, how to get more women applying for positions in your organisation, and the challenges faced by women in this male dominated sector. Shameless plug, Lightwire is hiring, check out the jobs at: https://www.lightwire.co/careers/#jobs
Here’s what to expect in episode 26 of Insights as a Service:
- 0:00 In today’s episode
- 0:28 Cat’s Journey into Tech
- 1:10 What’s it like working in a Telco
- 3:45 How to make the most out of the first 3 months
- 5:50 Working in a male dominated culture
- 10:20 Tech as men’s only club
- 14:00 Communication styles to thrive
- 17:00 Do job ads stop women from going into Tech?
- 21:10 Is it easier to get a tech job as a woman?